- 2 pieces bread, whole wheat
- 1 egg, large
- 2 egg whites, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons milk, fat-free
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 meatless breakfast links (about 1 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries, fresh
- Slice bread into finger-sized sticks.
- Whisk egg and egg whites with milk and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Soak bread pieces, turning over to coat all sides.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a nonstick skillet to medium; cook bread sticks, turning each once until lightly browned on each side.
- While french toast is cooking, prepare veggie sausage per package directions.
- Remove french toast from heat and top with remaining butter and sliced strawberries. Serve with sausage on the side.
- Enjoy breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea, or other calorie free beverage.
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|