Monday, August 25, 2014

Chocolate Shakeology Pancakes with Strawberry Yogurt Sauce

Ok...first off, when looking at the picture please keep two things in mind lol

1. This is the first test run at these
                    AND
2. I never said I made perfect looking pancakes haha

Either way, these things were DELISH!  On a daily basis I have people asking me about Shakeology and some people just aren't into the whole meal replacement thing and that's totally fine.  The BIGGEST misconception about Shakeology is that it's just a protein shake.  Yes, it does have a adequate amount of protein in it, but it's SO much MORE!  If you would like to know more about it www.myshakeology.com/stephyerickson is my site that has tons of information.  For now, I will just tell you that it IS the healthiest meal of the day and I'll have you click the link and find out why :)

ANNNNYWHO, I wanted to show people that you don't just have to drink Shakeology.  You can make all kinds of fun meals with it.  Not only are these packed with protein, but bc they are made with Shakeology they have vitamins, fruits, veggies, digestive enzymes, amino acids, etc etc.  I have done multiple searches to find (what I think) are the best recipes based around Shakeology and I have to say, this is one of my new favorites (Mya and Adam loved them, too).  I actually came across this recipe on Pinterest and ironically had all the ingredients to make them so I thought I would give them a shot.

I blended the ingredients below & then poured them from my blender in to a pan. Just how you would make any other pancake (I had to double the measurements to feed all 3 of us)
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 scoop (or individual pack) chocolate Shakeology
Strawberry yogurt sauce:
  • 6 strawberries
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 cup 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tbsp honey


No comments:

Post a Comment