Friday, September 19, 2014

Shrimp Fettuccini with Vodka Sauce





We are HUGE pasta lovers in my house, as I'm sure most households are. I always look for healthier alternatives to pasta, so it can taste delicious but not leave me feeling guilty. Don't get me wrong, I am ALL about having "treat" days and making sure that you allow yourself indulges every now and then, but with pasta I would FOR SURE go overboard lol So, here is a healthy alternative that I found that was amazing and under 400 calories, PLUS I got to use vodka sooooo, SCORE!!!





Here is what you will need:

The recipe called for 9 ounces of fresh linguine, but I used Butternut Squash Fettuccini

3/4 pound of large shrimp (the store I went to only has small shrimp so I used a pound)

4 cloves of garlic, minced

1/4 cup Vodka

1 1/2 Cups reduced sodium marinara sauce (I spiced mine up a bit with red pepper to give it a little kick)

1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
 
 
 
 
Preparation:
 
1. Cook pasta as directed
 
2. Heat 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to skillet on a single layer, undisturbed for 1 minute.  Flip and add garlic and saute one more minute and transfer to plate.
 
3. Carefully add vodka to the pan and cook for 1 minute.  Add marinara sauce and bring to a simmer.  Add drained pasta, reserved shrimp and juices, basil, and 3-4 tbsp of water.  Toss well to combine and heat through.  Divide among 4 serving bowls and garnish with extra basil if desired.
 
4. ENJOY!!!!
 
This is SUPER easy and took me less than 15 minutes to make :)
 
NUTRITION FACTS (estimate):
349 Calories, 26g of protein, 41g Carbs, 7g Fat, 3g Fiber

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment