Monday, September 15, 2014

Cheesy Italian Chicken Roll Up

This recipe was incredibly easy and turned out amazing!  I really, really love to be in the kitchen and make meals, but somedays there just isn't enough time.  I want my meals to be as healthy as possible, but tastey as well.  I constantly search recipes to try so I can keep variety in my meals and so I can hopefully help give other ideas to those in my shoes :) 

Like I said, this was SO easy and Adam and I both said that it would easily replace ravs for us.  This would be our healthier alternative to the cheesy pasta goodness that we love so much lol  It's the perfect combination of chesse and tender chicken to make a really good Italian meal and it's healthy with a great source of protein.  Next time though, I would serve with a small side salad instead of veggies.  That just wasn't a combo I was crazy about.

Serves 8
4 Large Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup Part Skim Mozzarella
1 pkt Italian Seasoning
1 Large Bottle Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce
Preheat oven 400 (I eventually turned mine up to 425 bc I had thicker breasts that were taking longer to cook)
Split chicken breasts and pound to desired thinness. Set Aside.
Mix all Cheeses and Italian Seasoning Packet.
Spoon a couple tablespoons cheese mixture into each breast and roll up.
Place seam side down in 9×13 baking dish.
Cover rolled chicken breasts with spaghetti sauce.
Cook for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment